Fake Degrees via Photoshop

Making your own fake degree is easy. All you need to do is to get hold of a genuine certificate, scan it and Photoshop your own details onto the document. After that, print out on a nice thick art paper- Conqueror brand offers lots of different textured art paper.

The final touch would be an embossing stamp, which can be made for around RM100 to RM200 at a printing shop. Stamp it on and we’re done!

Easy isn’t it? Just by looking at a certificate, it is very hard to determine whether it is genuine or fake. The only way to know is to verify with the education institution whether the person enrolled, attended and graduated. There are no short cuts to this.

In our line of work, we get an average of 20 to 30 fake degrees every month. And a good majority of them (approximately 70%) are of local (Malaysian) institutions/Universities; the remaining 30% or so are of foreign institutions. What’s scary is this number is increasing by the month.

Don’t get fooled by the ‘professional’ looking certificate. Always verify.

Related Posts